We Value Difference.
About The Course
The CIOL Qualification Diploma in Public Service Interpreting is a professional qualification entered under Level 6 on the National Qualification Framework (NQF) - BA Level. It is the gold standard for interpreters if they are serious about their career.
- Ofqual-accredited, nationally recognised qualification
- Exemptions for the DPI qualification
- Improved career prospects - you will be entitled to:
- Use the title ‘DPSI’ after your name
- Apply for professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Linguists
- Apply for registration on the National Register of Public Service Interpreters (NRPSI)
Structure of the exam: The qualification is composed of five units for each pathway:
- Unit 01 (Level 6): Interpret consecutively and simultaneously (whispered) in the public services
- Unit 02 (Level 6): Provide a sight translation into English in the public services
- Unit 03 (Level 6): Provide a sight translation from English in the public services
- Unit 04 (Level 5): Translate into English in the public services
- Unit 05 (Level 5): Translate from English in the public services
Dates: Exams take place annually. All five units, three oral and two written can be taken in June; written units only can also be taken in November.
Cost: Candidates must pay exam fees and a centre fee. Fees are reviewed annually.
Exam fees 2019
- Unit 01: £227
- Unit 02: £186
- Unit 03: £186
- Unit 04: £186
- Unit 05: £186
- Full registration (all units): £680
* Fees are capped at £680.00; if the total cost of the units you are sitting exceeds this amount, the maximum payment is still £680.00
Centre Enrolment fees 2019
- Unit 01: £55
- Unit 02: £55
- Unit 03: £55
- All 3 units: £165
How to apply: Please contact Sarah O’Neill on email@example.com or 02890473737 to receive an application pack and cost.